|Click on image to enlarge|
Career Tools and Strategies For Artists: A 6-Week Online Professional Development Workshop for Artists
Two key ingredients for a successful art career in the 21st century are a strong work ethic in the studio and self-promotion. In this 6-week online course, taught by artist and author Randel Plowman, participants will apply a self-directed strategic plan for self-promotion through a number of exercises and projects.
Some of the objectives of this course
· Setting and achieving career goals
· Creating an elevator speech
· Writing an effective resume and artist statement
· Documenting your work
· Developing a strong work portfolio
· Building long term professional relationships
· Using social media to help promote and sell your work
· Approaching galleries and other venues for exhibiting you work
· Preparing your work for the web. From camera to computer
· Establishing an online/offline presence
Things we will be using during this online course.
· Internet connection
· Scanner or digital camera
· Some skills using social media tools such as Facebook, Blogger and Tumblr
· Participants will need to purchase two books for this course. (Around $25 for both books)
The workshop will start January 10 and run through February 21
The cost of the entire 6-week course is $120
A personalized card with a classroom invitation code can be sent if you would like to give the workshop as a gift for the holidays.
Randel Plowman received his M.F.A. from University of Wisconsin-Madison and his B.F.A. from Northern Kentucky University. He has exhibited in solo and juried exhibitions throughout the United States; in addition, his work appears in many public and private collections in North America and abroad, his work has been cited in numerous publications, including The New York Times and USA Today; been featured in How Design magazine, Artist Magazine and Somerset Studio. He is the author of two books, Masters: Collage, and The Collage Workbook: How To Get Started And Stay Inspired, voted Best Art Instruction Book of 2012 by the Library Journal.
For more information about this online course please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Workshop $120
Online Workshop $120